• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I Convert Multiple PDF to Word Documents?

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I was asked to convert multiple PDF files to multiple Word files. I know how to convert a PDF file to a Word file, but haven't seen a way to convert multiple files at once. I'm hoping that the conversion would keep the file name the same, just change the program. I've got Adobe Acrobat Standard DC.

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

You need Acrobat Pro to be able to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need Acrobat Pro to be able to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same problem here, I don't how to batch convert PDF to Word with Adobe. Though some online PDF converters can process batch, I don't think it is safe to upload my files to those online programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat Pro use the Action Wizard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd - I do not have Action Wizard in my PDF Professional subscription (I don't know what - has this been discontinued?). I would like something which performs according to the underneath screengrab; thank you. I'm not seeing a batch option; kindly be as specific as possible with instructions. 

Logan5E7F_0-1616612629294.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF Professional is not a Adobe software product.

The Action Wizard is available in Adobe Acrobat Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Bernd. I've found the Action Wizard and added the Export function. A follow up question: when I select "word" format the program 1) still requires that I approve the conversion to word format (i.e., vs. excel or another format) and 2)  that I select where I want it saved (when this is part of the "Save" function) and 3) what the file name should be (again, part of the "Save" function also baked into the wizard). Once I set this up, I'd like to not have to click / decide where things should go / be named for each PDF... Is that possible?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your input. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you use a save step?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used to be able to batch created multiple MS Word files using Acrobat Pro 17. For some reason that feature has stopped working. One of the error messages refers to PDFmaker file. Cant find it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines