• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I create a link to an email address in Adobe Acrobat DC?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to make it such that clicking on my company's email address on a form opens up the user's mail app with a new message window and our address in the recipient box. I've tried using old methods that I've seen in forums for earlier versions of Acrobat, but those aren't working for DC.

Any tips?

Also, the people who will use this form will mostly be on iPads using PDF Expert, if that makes a difference...

Thanks

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a link and have it open a URL with this structure (use the actual email address you wish to have, of course):

mailto:me@server.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Unfortunately I tried this already and when I tested it by clicking on it, it opened up a browser to a blank page. I tried this on multiple devices with multiple browsers and they all did the same thing. Then I tried creating a button that opened a link and used the mailto:me@server.com structure again and had the same problem.

Is there something I'm missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to define a default email client/web-page in your browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually do have that. When I open a web browser, the default is set to open to my mailbox. But when I click on the link it just opens to a blank web page instead of my default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not what I mean. You need to set a default handler for the "mailto" links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thank you! I'll look up how to do this. I'm quite new to all of this, so I really appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines