• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I create U3d Files?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2008 Apr 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to create u3d files within Acrobat3D?

I would like to include 3D elements in my PDF training documentation. I have looked into this a little and it seems the only 3D application that export (converts) to u3d is Right Hemisphere. Is this correct and does this mean I need to spend $500 to do this?

It seems a little weak.

Thanks in advance.
TOPICS
Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick,

You don't have to have a U3D file to create 3D PDF. There are many supported 3D file types. U3D is just one of them. For a list of supported file types, go to:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat3d/supportedformats/

Acrobat 3D will convert a supported 3D file type to either U3D or PRC upon conversion into the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link is broken, and Acrobat doens't have the auto convert function any more 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a plugin for Acrobat Pro provided by Tetra4D, I don't know if it still exists:

https://tetra4d.com/products-2/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for the lame post. I have just done a test with a .obj and imports no problem. That will teach me to take someone else's word for it.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a free 3D application "MeshLab"

With Meshlab you can convert many 3D formats in the famous .U3D format !

http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize this is an old thread. But since acrobat pro supports 3d objects, the only way I found to use u3d files is to use photoshop CS5, that format was removed for CS6 and CC I don't know why, you would think they would have kept it, until acrobat supported other formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PhotoShop CS6 with 3D support (not sure what that version is called specificaly) and the U3D export is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should see this site, it's all about 3D PDF: https://www.3dpdfmaker.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using the software Agisoft Metashape (even the free or trial version), you can also import your textured 3D models and export as u3d filetypes for Adobe Acrobat. Aside from using meshlab, which in my opinion can be a tempermental and not very user-friendly, this is the best free option. Steps to doing this are below:

Import your model:

File -> Import -> Import Model

Export as u3d:

File -> Export -> Export Model -> Save as Type -> Select "U3D models (*.u3d)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines