Highlighted

How do I delete ALL fonts?

Engaged ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm publishing my first epub and just discovered that the issue of font licensing is a hornets' nest. Accordingly, I deleted the font I had embedded in my epub and published it as a plain vanilla PDF file.

However, when I open the PDF file and click on Properties > Fonts, it still lists two fonts - Helvetica and Times. I don't see either one listed on Creative Cloud, so where do they come from? More important, how do I delete these fonts so my PDF is legal?

Thank you.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

These fonts belong to a list of special fonts that "always work" in PDF, even if you don't own them. If the fonts are not shown as embedded, you are all set. By the way, all the fonts that Adobe provide in their subscription are licensed for embedding in a PDF, but not necessarily for EPUB. PDF and EPUB aren't the same thing.

Topics

Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I delete ALL fonts?

Engaged ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm publishing my first epub and just discovered that the issue of font licensing is a hornets' nest. Accordingly, I deleted the font I had embedded in my epub and published it as a plain vanilla PDF file.

However, when I open the PDF file and click on Properties > Fonts, it still lists two fonts - Helvetica and Times. I don't see either one listed on Creative Cloud, so where do they come from? More important, how do I delete these fonts so my PDF is legal?

Thank you.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

These fonts belong to a list of special fonts that "always work" in PDF, even if you don't own them. If the fonts are not shown as embedded, you are all set. By the way, all the fonts that Adobe provide in their subscription are licensed for embedding in a PDF, but not necessarily for EPUB. PDF and EPUB aren't the same thing.

Topics

Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you use text in the file or only images?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Geobop LATEST
Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL - So there are free fonts, copyrighted fonts and fonts that always work. That's good to know.

I thought publishing epubs was a simple process, but it seems like the hard work begins after your book is finished. 😉

Anyway, thanks for the tip.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines