Highlighted

How do I delete standard PDf presets?

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only like to use High Quality Print, and Smallest File Size when saving a PDF, mostly in Illustrator, so I used to go to" Mac OS Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings" and delete the other ones, but they are not there anymore. I have searched all over, even done a search for 'joboptions' and deleted many of them, however they still show up when I try save a document. Running Creative Cloud on Mac OS 10.15.6
TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I delete standard PDf presets?

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only like to use High Quality Print, and Smallest File Size when saving a PDF, mostly in Illustrator, so I used to go to" Mac OS Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings" and delete the other ones, but they are not there anymore. I have searched all over, even done a search for 'joboptions' and deleted many of them, however they still show up when I try save a document. Running Creative Cloud on Mac OS 10.15.6
TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 13, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks fro reporting the same here.

Joboptions can be found in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings not in /[username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings.

To access the same one needs to go to "/Library/" instead of "~/Library/"

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried both of those locations, see screenshots,  all the presets are still there.
I have restarted Illustrator and my machine entirely and they are still there.

Are they not hiding somewhere in a config file of sorts? I think I might have read somewhere once that it might be?

Screenshot 2020-08-14 at 15.56.57.pngScreenshot 2020-08-14 at 15.57.14.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why has this been marked as solved when it most defnitely is not?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unmarked the previous response as being correct.

His response was strictly for Acrobat.

It turns out that each application that exports/saves PDF has its own copy of the Standard joboptions in its own location

To find them all, you are probably best off running a search of your system disk's file system for Standard.joboptions and delete those that you really don't want to use. Note (1) that the files might be protected and require you to change permissions to be able to delete and/or move them and (2) it might be prudent to save a copy of these files if you decide you want to use them subsequently.

Further note that each time these applications are updated to a new version (and sometimes even for minor updates), a new copy of the Standard joboptions file may be installed, requiring you to remove or move them again.

- Dov Isaacs, Principal Scientist, Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0