Highlighted

How do I disable the ability to type the signature?

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you send out documents for signing, the receivers often chose to just write the name with a simple font. That is not a genuine signature that represent the actual signer and it doesn't match the signature in his passport.

I need to know how to disable the "Type" functionality, so that the signers actually use their correct signature.

Example from document signing dialog:

Written text and not a genuine and valid signature.

How do I deny use of the "Type" function?

Boris16B8_0-1605260852788.png

Valid signature that cannot easily be replicated by another signer:

Boris16B8_1-1605260862788.png

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I disable the ability to type the signature?

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you send out documents for signing, the receivers often chose to just write the name with a simple font. That is not a genuine signature that represent the actual signer and it doesn't match the signature in his passport.

I need to know how to disable the "Type" functionality, so that the signers actually use their correct signature.

Example from document signing dialog:

Written text and not a genuine and valid signature.

How do I deny use of the "Type" function?

Boris16B8_0-1605260852788.png

Valid signature that cannot easily be replicated by another signer:

Boris16B8_1-1605260862788.png

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not possible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your assumptions about the "validity" of a hand-written signature are wrong.

In fact, it's extremely easy to duplicate such a signature, especially if done digitally.

If you want a signature that can't be duplicated then use a proper digital signature, not a "wet" one.

Note that even that kind of signature doesn't prove the identity of the signer. For that you would need to use a third-party service that issues the digital signature profile after validating the person's identity.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0