• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I easily get signatures onto a PDF form?

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm sure I'm missing what should be super simple but I can't find a great answer to what I want to achieve which is pretty straight forward.

I use Adobe DC to create fillable PDF forms - that all works fine.

I have a form  that has to  perform TWO functions

1) have onsite engineers complete the form, I can achieve this easily

2) the completeed form then needs to be sent to the customer for review and an electronic signature.

Whilst in the Prepare Form function, I tried to add a signature field however whilst it showed up while I was editing/preparing one of two things happened when I was testing the PDF form. Sometimes the signature prompt wouldn't show up - otherwise times it did but when  I tried to sign it opened a very confusing dialogue box I couldn't make sense of where you had to  sign into somethign to setup your signature. It was confusing for me - would be super confusing for customers (albeit maybe I was doing something wrong).

I contacted Adobe support but I got a pretty unclear response, they gave me some info to read on how to send out an  email requesting a signature but failed to answer the question of can someone just sign a form - i..e email via your email client and attach the PDF with an electronic signarure field, which presumably locks all fields once signed.

Otherwise, we do use Secured Sign so if you have any ideas on how I can achieve  this via that system that would be great - however I can only see that you setup a template, but I don't want this to be a template (prefer the PDF form) but would be happy to send via this for signature if it's a simple upload.

I hope that makes sense - and thanks in adavance 🙂

TOPICS
PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shaross,

From what you explain, it seems the process you're undertaking is correct.

Ensure that the document security settings are set to allow signing of the form. This can be seen by choosing Preferences > Security > Signing: Allowed.

A recommedation from Adobe is to sign out and sign back in from Acrobat to refresh your login credentials.

hth

.mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

++Adding to this discussion,

I think that for the type of workflow you're trying to implement is better if you employ Adobe Sign.

Is very straight forward and the onsite  personnel that need to fill and sign such document can do it quickly form a mobile device or via web browser.

You, as the creator of the PDF, will have more control with assigning the signing block portions for each user which alleviates the confusion part on where to sign.

Adobe Sign also has an option to sign in person. So you just bring the tablet to that person and the signer can sign with  wet signature or finger signature, for example.

See all the ID authentication methods with Adobe Sign here: https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/signer-identity-authentication-methods.html

See all Adobe Sign features here: https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/sign/features.html

See Adobe Sign User Guide here for more in-depth reference : https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/get-started-guide.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines