• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I enable adobe pdf converter

Contributor ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a creative cloud subscriber and I'm wondering if adobe pdf converter should be included with acrobat DC.

If so, how do I enable it?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Ok, what you've done is removed a part of Acrobat, because the printer is a part of Acrobat. There is no way to install it separately. However, you might be able to repair the damage. Look for Repair in the Help menu of Acrobat. Or is that what gives the "Cannot open database file" message? If so you may need to uninstall Acrobat, but you probably can't: looks as if Windows Installer - which does everything - is broken. You may have to reinstall Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the Adobe PDF Printer? If so, it should have been installed when you install Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, yes for Windows, no for Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True. I didn't mention that because the OP selected "Windows" under their post's "Categories".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I missed that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the deal. I've had Adobe pdf printer for awhile but it is very unstable. Usually didn't work. So I've been using pdf creator, which also recently quit working.

So I tried Adobe pdf printer and it worked the other day. Today, no such luck. I click print,in my cad program, select all the settings, click ok, and it seems to be printing. But it doesn't open. And when I go to where I saved the file to, it's not there.

Looking into the printer properties today I noticed the Adobe pdf printer was set to Lpt1, which I knew was incorrect. So I redirected it to Adobe PDF Local Port and it still would not work. So I uninstalled it and now I'm trying to figure out how to reactivate it. I do have Pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LPT1 is definitely wrong. Under Properties - Ports it needs to point to "Documents\*.pdf".

Anyway, I recommend you run a Repair Installation from the Help menu of Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks MVP. I'll try the Repair thing but, I still can't figure out how to get the printer to show up in Devices and printers since I uninstalled it??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you "uninstall" the printer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Devices and printers, (Windows 7) i selected the printer and clicked uninstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok now I tried running repair installation in Acrobat Pro Dc and I'm getting this error message. Well, It won't let me insert a jpg screen capture here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Insert Image icon. Do not attach it to an email reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did and it said this type of file is forbidden or something like that. Ahhh here it is,....Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, what you've done is removed a part of Acrobat, because the printer is a part of Acrobat. There is no way to install it separately. However, you might be able to repair the damage. Look for Repair in the Help menu of Acrobat. Or is that what gives the "Cannot open database file" message? If so you may need to uninstall Acrobat, but you probably can't: looks as if Windows Installer - which does everything - is broken. You may have to reinstall Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines