Highlighted

How do I enable Javascript?

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When starting Acrobat, I suddenly get a dialog box saying Javascript is inactivated. I have not changed any settings. Since this box is system global/modal, it blocks the underlying Acrobat window, so I can't access its settings.  Is there a simple solution (supposedly one can adjust the setting through the registry, but how do I do that without damaging anything).  And why did this box suddenly appear?  My Acrobat Reader doesn't display it.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I enable Javascript?

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When starting Acrobat, I suddenly get a dialog box saying Javascript is inactivated. I have not changed any settings. Since this box is system global/modal, it blocks the underlying Acrobat window, so I can't access its settings.  Is there a simple solution (supposedly one can adjust the setting through the registry, but how do I do that without damaging anything).  And why did this box suddenly appear?  My Acrobat Reader doesn't display it.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having JavaScript disabled should not prevent you from using the application in general, nor should it cause such a message to appear when you open it. Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing? Also, what exact version of Reader are you using, and what's your OS version?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't that exciting. See shot.  Nothing happens whatever email address I enter.  If I close the dialog box, Acrobat exits.

Acrobat.jpg

Windows 10, v. 1809 (OS version 17763.1282.

Acrobat DC version 20.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to activate JS in your browser.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines