• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get rid of the big white box in front of my PDF???

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello: Why is there a big white box in front of my PDF and, more importantly, how do I get rid of it? (See screenshot below.)

I am using an old MacBook Pro running OS 10.11.6

TIA for any help!

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 7.04.11 PM.png

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you tell us when exactly do you get this white box? What are the action taken right before this box appears?

Are you trying to save any PDF file or accessing any Tool? It would be more helpful if you can share your workflow.

Thanks, 

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens when I simply open the doc (e.g. from the Downloads folder). All the Menu items are "greyed-out" so that I'm prevented from using them (e.g. I cannot print the PDF) nor can I use the Adobe Reader commands on the right. It's awful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It seems like you're  using Dropbox integrated in Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Just for troubleshooting purposes, Try by accessing  your Dropbox user account using a web browser instead of the method you're using; download  the file to a known location in your computer, and try opening it with Adobe Acrobat Reader from there; not  with Acrobat Reader directly using the cloud storage service integration for Dropbox.

If this works, I can think of a few additional suggestions:

Like noted above you're using Dropbox with your PDFs and this looks like you're getting an  blank Adobe Reader end user license agreement screen.

You need to relicense by accepting the EULA see here https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/blank-eula-screen-appears-acrobat.html 

If for some reason you can't work around using this issue by opening Adobe Reader, and the Adobe guidance that I've  referenced here for you didn't work, you can manually accept the EULA  without the need of opening a misbehaving Acrobat Reader program.

This is an application preferences setting that you have to set to yes in your macOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is happening for every PDF doc I am trying to open. I don't use dropbox so I don't think this advice applies to me? How can I get this to stop and access my PDF's again?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling Reader?

Also, did you also try the suggestion of re-accepting the Adobe Readee End User License Agreement?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines