• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I import excel list into dropdown list on Adobe Acrobat DC?

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I import excel list into dropdown list on Adobe Acrobat DC?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@try67   Could this tool be used on a live excel sheet? The excel sheet I'm using updates daily and adds only a few new lines of data. I've downloaded the demo and it's works flawlessly. The issue I will have is adding extra steps trying to export the data into a .txt, my sheet has multiple rows and colums. tia 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I'm afraid not. However, if you used a text file instead of an Excel spreadsheet then it would be possible to do it, but the file-path will have to be known and a script will have to be installed on the local machine for it to work.

If you're interested in something like that please contact me via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you export the file from excel into a Tab Delimited File with a ".txt" extension. You can then import this file into Acrobat from the "Prepare Form" tools. This will give you a popup dialog listing all the entries in the ".txt" file. It is extremely important that the column headers in Excel exactly match the field names in the PDF file

Alternatively I have tools and tutorials on this topic here:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/ExcelAndAcrobat.cfm

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That allows you to import data, but not the options of a drop-down field...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines