• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I install acrobat dc on my iPad Pro

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a subscription to acrobat dc and would like to be able to use it on the road with my iPad Pro.  can’t figure out how to download it and don’t see it in the App Store. does anyone know?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

To be very specific, the only “Acrobat” application available for either iOS or Android is Adobe Acrobat Reader which is equivalent to the comparable application on Windows and MacOS with a few additional features that are accessible when you have either an Adobe Creative Cloud or Document Cloud subscription. It has nowhere near the functionality of Acrobat Pro DC. Such a product has not been released at this time.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat DC is not available for iOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an Adobe Acrobat app in the app store. It isn't the same as Acrobat Pro, but it's all there is. For everything on iOS, what you see in the app store is all there is, there can be no other downloads, and you can't run Windows or Mac apps. Apple don't allow it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be very specific, the only “Acrobat” application available for either iOS or Android is Adobe Acrobat Reader which is equivalent to the comparable application on Windows and MacOS with a few additional features that are accessible when you have either an Adobe Creative Cloud or Document Cloud subscription. It has nowhere near the functionality of Acrobat Pro DC. Such a product has not been released at this time.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a Tablet/OS you recommend for Acrobat PRO DC.  I typically do 99% of my business on iPhone & iPad, but now have a client who sends me documents in Acrobat PRO DC format, which is very difficult to work with on the iPad PRO!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing as Acrobat PRO DC format. We assume you mean PDF! The question is then what you are trying to do with such PDF files on your iPad. If all you need to do is read, print, and/or annotate, the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for iOS should meet your needs. Otherwise, if you need to do extensive PDF file manipulation, you need the full Acrobat Pro product which installs and runs only on MacOS and Windows.

If you are addicted to small devices, you can get either a very small MacBook (runs MacOS) or a very small Windows system, such as Microsoft's Surface Pro.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there ever going to be a version for iPad OS? basically, I got rid of my Surface Pro because of all the bugs it has and moved to the iPad OS pro. however, i now noticed my PDFs I cant use on ipad, it says I need to use it on windows or Mac on the full version. I basically have a template of a PDF, which is fillable, has the drop down portions for Y/N for questions, etc. That's the PDF I am trying to use on the new iPad OS which is not available. Is there a version of adobe that can be pushed with this capability, like one for the surface, used on tablet mode? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds as if you are filling in forms in a special format called "XFA" PDF. To work with these you WILL need Mac or Windows, there is no other choice. You certainly get rid of a lot if you go to iPad. (Both grief and features).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had more grief and less features when I was using the Surface. lol. iPad pro is a much better tablet in my opinion, I just wish adobe would push something out to make it more usable in the new iPad OS platform.  That seems to be the only issue I have on the tablet thus far. It just makes going paperless that much easier being able to have signatures and stuff right on the tablet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the amount of money you pay for adobe, it should be fully functional on all platforms, since youre paying the same price for it all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you buy? Acrobat Reader for iOS is free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the whole creative suite as I need the pro version, which now is making it seem like a waste of money. I need to be able to use fillable PDFs and ability to add signatures on it, on the xfa format, which apparently isn't available on iPad OS or tablet version, which defeats the whole purpose of having the cloud based apps to sync across all devices. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I have been using PDF Expert on my iPad Pro as a work around. Give it a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Apple continue to improve or add support and features in these new devices it seems like the way to go is to try and play around with virtualization. https://www.computerworld.com/article/3074236/now-you-can-run-windows-10-on-an-ipad-pro-android.html

Parallels and VMWare seem to be ahead of the game, but iPad Pro is a different beast from iPad in terms of ARM architechture and its new iOS integration,  see comparissons here: https://www.ikream.com/2019/11/difference-between-ipad-and-ipad-pro-30186

To be honest it looks like you are better off with a regular iPAD to achieve what you are trying to do;  as I am reading, Apple seems to remain adamant in supporting things like VirtualBox, Parallels, VMware, to include the ability to install Windows10  IoT in iPad Pro. However, it this may or may not change at all in the very near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Apple seems to remain adamant in supporting things like "  -- do you mean "NOT supporting"? Because none of the solutions in that article actually run on the iPad, they just connect to a remote computer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I didn't mean "NOT supporting". 

I meant exactly what I said "Apple SEEMS to remain adamant in supporting things like..." (this is not a definite or declarative statement of any kind).

The fact that a user can remotely access another computer or a server is indeed  a form of virtualization and by that virtue Apple do actually supports that virtualization in both hardware and software for  the iPad and iPad Pro. That is not the same as stating "they just connect to a remote computer..."

There is a clear difference between server and desktop virtualization explained here:  https://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Computer_Science/difference_between_server_and_desktop_virtuali...

Without specifying the differences above it creates an air of confusion of what is possible, what is limited, and what is simply not supported at all.

On the other hand, my whole point is that,  the lack of flexibility that used to be natively  more accessible in older Apple devices, is now becoming an issue for the hetero-tech-savy  Apple community that  wish to install  or dual boot another operating system in that device, for example. 

In the same context, it seems like  a growing curiosity in the Apple loyal customer fan base is feeling inclined more and more to the need of  customizing their apps to do specific things.

So when the Apple user gets stuck with the inability to unhide other capbilities in their expensive iPad Pro devices, without understanding Apple's current tight licensing and TOS, what exaclty could be defines as exploiting firmware, messing with the Boot ROM and/or decrypting the iBoot, to include all other sorts of injected bugs, "hackingtoshing" the iOS, and jailbreaking the device, is simply driving the community to look to the side to consider third-party alternatives  to accomplish what they wish should work in such a nice device.

That is what I was implying in an attempt to answer the original question ; " Is there a version of adobe that can be pushed with this capability, like one for the surface, used on tablet mode? "

In my personal case, I have a MacBook from 2010. I am able to install and run Linux Mint or Ubuntu on it (including other OS's), and even install different versions of AndroidOS and Windows. 

With Linux, I am able to deploy PlayOnLinux, Wine, CrossOver, or use snapd,  as emulators and then be able to run a Windows 10 full offline standalone installer of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It actually  works with my forms, fill, sign etc.

Can you do that with the iPad Pro??   NO, it is ARM architechture not AMD or Intel processors architechture to begin with.

So my answer to BJtheWaterman should be NO.

But, can a user be able to virtualize by connecting remotely to another client computer or virtual server with their iPad Pro? :  YES

Is this a viable soultion like shown in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH7ldv7hFVw posted by an  iPadPro user who wanted to run Windows10 virtualized in his device?  YES 

Have Apple disclosed that it could be  possible to  locally install in their iPadPro device other programs, like Adobe Acrobat Pro DC in the near future, or even give any hopes to their community that it could be possible one day???:      I don't know (Does anyone really knows?)

So that was actually a compliment to Apple not in a negative context.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't worry too much about that.

There are always work arounds that doesn't violate licensing agreements.

You have options if the ipad device is what you use the most while on the go.

Goto your apple appstore and check if Parallel Access or Parallels for mac suits your need of running macOS apps or MS Windows 10 apps in an ipad pro.

That should not be a problem as long as your host computer and your client mobile device are both connected via Internet access connection.

You can also reseaech a little more if there is an mac OS emulator that can be deployed in your ipad pro and run a virtualized enviornment of macOS.

This last suggestion however, requires more digging about Apple licensing agreement for the OS you would want to virtualize in your ipad device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Parallel Access - this is not an emulator. It's a way of reaching a remote system, so you iPad looks like a Mac, but it's a Mac on the network.

Parallels for mac - does not run on iPad.

There is no Mac or Windows emulator for iPad, and Apple aren't likely to allow one.

As I understand it there is no separate host computer, only the iPad. Parallels Access might be great if there is a full time Mac and fast internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for clarifying that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is Windows and there is Mac. There are no Mac tablets. You could consider the Surface Pro, a Windows tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it shouldn't be discriminatory for just avaiable for windows use. I think one should be created for mac tablet, such as the iPad OS, which is now pretty much fully functional as a computer, just as good if not better than the surface. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may happen. Yesterday, Adobe released Photoshop for iPad, the first full powered conversion from Windows/Mac for the high end iPad Pro. They will be looking hard at the sales info to see if there is more money to be made.

By the way there is NO SUCH THING as a Mac tablet. The Surface is a Windows tablet, but as you've found, the iPad is a very limited and controlled tablet, nothing at all like a Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I had before the iPad. It literally, lasted me less than 3 years before it went to s**t. keeps freezing, crashing, even the adobe app crashes and just takes forever to start up. It's like it got tired and doesnt want to work anymore. I wiped it clean and gave it a fresh start, but still did not help. That's why I went back to mac. They just last me much longer.  let's. just hope adobe releases something soon.. otherwise, no point in keeping the subscription. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you didn't go to Mac (from what I understand), you went to iPad. Like I said, not a Mac and not a substitute for one. Nice kit, certainly. Lasts longer than 3 years? Maybe, but it will feel obsolete in 2 years so you'll get a new one anyway. Apple are good at that.

Your subscription unlocks some editing features in the iPad app, but it isn't going to let you fill in XFA forms, and frankly this isn't likely to ever happen, as these forms are on the way out. Adobe's decision not to support XFA on mobile has always baffled me, but it's a bit late in the way for them to remedy it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac desktop, the iPad is a great extension to the desktop workspace, everything works seemlessly. I just bought my new Mac after my last one, 10 years of use, along with the iPad Pro upgraded from the iPad mini that lasted me roughly about the same, give or take a year, obviously went to the pro as it's more powerful and capable to handle the new iOS on iPad for work and school to replace the surface as well.. I don't think it's too late for them to remedy it, I mean, iPad OS was just released so maybe, hopefully, it can, like photoshop be a full version on iOS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines