• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make my PDF mobile friendly?

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made a PDF, just by exporting as a PDF from Microsoft Word. Now I want to be able to view it on my mobile or iPad without having to scroll across/zoom in etc. It also contains images.

How do I make it mobile friendly? I've done a few Google searches but most have told me to use the Action Wizard which doesn't seem to have done anything.

Any help is much appreciated!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'll let you know how I get on..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dear friend
I followed all the points.
But the Google webmaster warns that your file is not mobile friendly

Can you please see what the problem is?

https://www.markazeahan.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/A-complete-guide-to-the-carved-carcasses-of-v...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mehranonlinelife, according to your first estatement about the exporting a PDF directly from Word I assume the format is letter or A4 (roughly, 3:2). Those formats are a hard pill when trying to fit the standard format of a mobile (again, roughly 2:1). Another issue to manage is the interactivity and ease to jump from one section to another withouth scrolling up and down, consuming your patience and life meanwhile.

To make a PDF mobile friendly I suggest taking 2 things into consideration:

EASE TO READ.

I started to test different type sizes in InDesign until I found a suitable size for my target audience –50yo men and on–, finding out 54pt size font with 81pt size line space was good for most of them, reducing a lot the need to zoom with your fingers (fingers hinder vision).

I attached an image of my screen where I show you the numbers, hope it helps.

EASE TO MOVE AROUND.

To conjure this curse, add an interactive index close to the beginning, anchors to each article, chapter or subject (plain text gets boring so highlight the essentials if there were none), and buttons at the end of each previous ones, to get back to the index.

Hope it helps for anyone who reads this.

Mauricico.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines