Highlighted

How do I make pdf sections collapse together like a word doc?

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sections of images and text in a pdf I am editing. Lets say a page is of length "a". This page is made up of sections with lengths "b" and "c". Currently "a" = ("b" + "c").

I am going to decrease the space that section with length "c" has. That is, the section goes from length "c" to "c - n".

I have a section with length "d" on the following page. If I decrease the section of length "c", then I am able to fit in section with length "d". That is, "a" >= ("b" + "c-n" + "d").

Is there a setting in Acrobat Pro DC Edit Pdf where I am able to have the section with length "d" automatically move up a page when section with length "c" decreases to "c-n"?

Topics

Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, How to, PDF forms, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I make pdf sections collapse together like a word doc?

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sections of images and text in a pdf I am editing. Lets say a page is of length "a". This page is made up of sections with lengths "b" and "c". Currently "a" = ("b" + "c").

I am going to decrease the space that section with length "c" has. That is, the section goes from length "c" to "c - n".

I have a section with length "d" on the following page. If I decrease the section of length "c", then I am able to fit in section with length "d". That is, "a" >= ("b" + "c-n" + "d").

Is there a setting in Acrobat Pro DC Edit Pdf where I am able to have the section with length "d" automatically move up a page when section with length "c" decreases to "c-n"?

Topics

Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, How to, PDF forms, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No there’s nothing like that. Acrobat is a very limited editor of last resort. You should be using Word if it does what you want. Editing in Word and saving a PDF as needed is the normal way of working. Never edit the PDF at all, but keep the Word stuff for editing. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF