• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I reclaim all the default file types that Microsoft Edge keeps stealing from Acrobat?

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the touch of a button, I would like to be able to fix the defaults of all the file types  Acrobat uses every time Microsoft Edge gets in my face yet again. 

I'm thinking of a script or something so that I could also auto nag Microsoft to stay out of my face for messing with me yet again, and perhaps add a log which I could someday carry to various agencies of Consumer Protection and advocacy. 

Is there a scrpt or something around that does this, and if not, what would be the easiest way to write such a script?

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there 

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described MS edge becomes the default PDF viewer on your computer by itself.

It is an ongoing issue with Microsoft where the MS Edge becomes the default PDF viewer even though setting Adobe Acrobat as the default application. Please get in touch with Microsoft for more information on this.

I have found a similar discussion on Microsoft support page: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-stop-microsoft-... please check out the suggestions and see if they helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines