• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I scan multiple pages into separate PDF's?

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to believe that this is such a hard question to find an answer on. I regularly have to scan 5-10 pages at once but I need to name and save them each as an individual PDF file. When I scan all documents at once, I get a 10 page pdf file. I know I can then extract the pages to a file - but then I need to open them one by one to see what they are and name them.

When using Windows Fax/Scan, I can set it up so each page is its own separate file, but it doesn't handle PDF's....

The only other option that I have, is that the scanner I use supports blank page recognition. So if I separate each document with a blank piece of paper, it will automatically separate each PDF. This is just a little cumbersome.

Is there another way that I'm missing?

I just want to scan 10 pages and have it show 10 files that I can name and save individually... Possible?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2016 Jan 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible, if you buy the right thing (Acrobat Pro or Acrobat Standard). Not possible for free.  What do you have? What version, if it isn't Reader?

Also, scanning to PDF is probably done by the software that comes with the scanner - maybe it can do more but that isn't Adobe's stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So with Acrobat Pro DC, what's the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines