Highlighted

How do I Secure PDF Certificate Document so editing can't be done?

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello :

I need help with an award certificate. It is in pdf format now, and when I save it with a name, date, and title those areas can be changed. I would like to change it so that it can not be edited. Can you help me?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I Secure PDF Certificate Document so editing can't be done?

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello :

I need help with an award certificate. It is in pdf format now, and when I save it with a name, date, and title those areas can be changed. I would like to change it so that it can not be edited. Can you help me?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2020 0
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robin

Hope you are doing well. As described, after saving the PDF with Name date and title those entries are changeable and you want to secure the PDF.

Would you mind sharing the steps that you are doing to save the PDF file?

If you are the owner/Author of the PDF file, you can prevent users from changing PDFs. The restrict editing option prohibits users from editing text, moving objects, or adding form fields. Users can still fill in form fields, sign, or add comments. For more information please look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/securing-pdfs-passwords.html#id_20302

Another way to secure the PDF is to apply the digital signature on the document that will lock the document from further changes. For more information please look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/securing-pdfs-certificates.html

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0