How do I set a default zoom level for a file to open to?.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want a file to open to 150%. What do I need to do in Acrobat DC to make that happen?  I do NOT want reader to ask the zoom level when the file opens.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017
File > Properties > Initial View > Magnification > 150%

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rigger PJ,

As per the description above, you want to open a PDF to 150% zoom, Is that correct?

You can change the settings through:

Change the default magnification

1. Choose Edit > Preferences.
  2. Under Categories, select Page Display.
  3. Open the Zoom pop-up menu and choose a default magnification level.

You may also refer to the following link for more information: Adjusting PDF views 

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these works. I've set Edit > Preferences to 75%, and also File > Properties to 75%; nothing works.
After I close the program, and double click a pdf file to open, it still opens in 125%.
I do not want to open in 125%, how do I set it to open at 75%?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies!

I did as suggested and it works...kind of.  When I re=open the file on my computer, the zoom is where I want it. But when I open it on a different computer (running Acrobat reader), nothing has changed.  Originally, I had the file set to open full screen, but de-selected that when I set the zoom.  Didn't work...the file still opens to full screen and the zoom hasn't changed.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the other computer running Acrobat Reader, uncheck the following under Edit > Preferences > Documents "Restore last view settings when reopening documents".

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I found the solution.  In Acrobat Reader on the other computers: Edit>Preferences>Full Screen> un-check "Fill screen with one page at a time".

Everything works fine now.

Thanks for all the replies!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create PDFs out of MS Word documents all day long. When I do, and have the new PDF opened by Acrobat XI, it always opens at some random zoom level, like 115% or 154%. I'd like to set it so that Acrobat always opens the document at a specific zoom level, ideally 75%, but although I've tried every suggestion I found for Preferences (Page Display >Default Layout and Zoom settings, Accessibility >Override Page Diplay "Always use Zoom Setting", and Full Screen > unchecked "Fill screen with one page at a time"), NOTHING WORKS!

Help?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why this has no effect on my pdf file, when opening in chrome for example?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Chrome, you are using a PDF viewer made by Google. It would be nice if they used your settings, but they chose not to. I believe Chrome, for example, always opens to document width. If you want to suggest Chrome be improved, contact Google. And so it goes with each browser: Edge, Firefox, Safari... they decided years ago they could do a better job than Adobe, and locked them out.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines