Highlighted

How do I set the Default pdf application to Adobe Acrobat X when Adober Reader DC is installed.

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what method I use ALL pdf files still open in Adobe Reader DC, instead of Adobe Acrobat X.  I have Adobe Acrobat X set as default for all pdf files, but the only way I can get the default to actually change is uninstalling Adobe Reader DC.  However, the company that owns the company I work for, keeps auto installing Reader.  It is a live push over the air.  So three times a day I have to uninstall Adobe Reader to get my files to open in Acrobat X.  Is there something I can do to force the machine to ONLY use Acrobat X to open pdf files? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I set the Default pdf application to Adobe Acrobat X when Adober Reader DC is installed.

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what method I use ALL pdf files still open in Adobe Reader DC, instead of Adobe Acrobat X.  I have Adobe Acrobat X set as default for all pdf files, but the only way I can get the default to actually change is uninstalling Adobe Reader DC.  However, the company that owns the company I work for, keeps auto installing Reader.  It is a live push over the air.  So three times a day I have to uninstall Adobe Reader to get my files to open in Acrobat X.  Is there something I can do to force the machine to ONLY use Acrobat X to open pdf files? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 16, 2020 0
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barbie

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you have Adobe Acrobat X and Acrobat Reader both installed on your machine and when you make Acrobat X as the default PDF handler it keeps reverting to Acrobat Reader.

Acrobat X is an old version of the application as compared to Acrobat Reader and by default the application with the latest version will become the default PDF handler.

Also it is not recommended to install Acrobat and Reader both on the same machine as Reader is the subset of Adobe Acrobat.

Moreover, Acrobat X is an EOL application. Adobe strongly recommends that customers upgrade to the latest versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and Adobe Acrobat DC. By upgrading installations to the latest versions, customers benefit from the latest functional enhancements and improved security measures.

For more information please look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-x-reader-x.html

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0