how do i set the preferred printer in my pdf form

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a form for a Deposit Slip with specific presets for printing to my HP Laserjet P1606dn. I can save the settings in the pdf file but have not been able to set the default printer for that file. Any suggestions, please?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021
You can't do that. What you can do, though, is add a button to your form that will open the Print dialog with a certain printer already selected. The user will always be able to change it, though, unless you run the script from a trusted context (such as a .js file installed on the local machine), in which case you can overpass the Print dialog and print the file automatically.

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat Pro XI on a Windows 10 PC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't do that. What you can do, though, is add a button to your form that will open the Print dialog with a certain printer already selected. The user will always be able to change it, though, unless you run the script from a trusted context (such as a .js file installed on the local machine), in which case you can overpass the Print dialog and print the file automatically.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines