Highlighted

How do I sign using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I sign a PDF downloaded from a Government Department using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.  When I click on FIll & Sign, the areas are all greyed out.  I am using an Apple computer. 

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I sign using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I sign a PDF downloaded from a Government Department using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.  When I click on FIll & Sign, the areas are all greyed out.  I am using an Apple computer. 

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2020 0
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arlini

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, you are unable to sign the PDF file as the areas are all greyed out.

Would you mind sharing the screenshot of the issue for a better understanding?

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try to sign a different PDF file and check. If its a file specific issue please share the file with us for testing. Upload the file on the document cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/  , generate the link and share that link with us.

Please check that the signing is allowed under document restriction summary. Open the PDF > Go to File > Properties > Under security tab > Document restriction summary.

Also, check the PDF producer of the file. Open the PDF > Go to File > Properties > Description > Check the 'PDF producer' and share the screenshot of the same.

Make sure you have the latest version (20.12.20048) of Acrobat DC. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

For more information about signing the PDF please look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/signing-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0