• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I tell if I have the latest updates of Acrobat DC?

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m trying to fix a programming error reportedly caused by a conflict between Microsoft Word 2016 for Mac and Acrobat DC. The Microsoft forum moderators claim that the error can be corrected by installing the Acrobat DC October 2016 Release. I have a Creative Cloud subscription and it doesn’t show any available updates to Acrobat DC, so how can I verify that the October 2016 release has been installed?

The problem may be because I have a sub-folder in my Applications folder named Adobe Acrobat DC which contains the Adobe Acrobat.app and ALSO a separate file in the same Applications folder named Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.app. I suspect I don’t need and shouldn’t have both installed. If that is the problem, which do I keep and which do I delete as part of the CC subscription?  Thanks.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Adobe Reader is a free service and has limited access to tools.

If you need to work with the tools provided in the application, I will suggest you keep Adobe Acrobat DC and uninstall Adobe Reader.

To check if the latest update is installed, go to Help menu> About Adobe Acrobat DC. You will get a window with version information.

For more information on latest updates, you may refer to this help link: Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat updates seem to be outside the CC system of updates, so you should certainly check. Acrobat is supposed to update automatically without warning, but this can fail. On a Mac of course ABOUT is under the application menu (e.g. Acrobat > About Acrobat Pro). Let us know the full version e.g. 2015.1234.83472.

Having both Acrobat Reader (free) and Acrobat Pro (subscription) will not do you much harm, so long as you pay close attention to which one is running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines