Highlighted

How do I vertically align text in a text field in Acrobat Pro DC?

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am creating an editable printable recipe divider. On that divider, I've got a text field. I put text in it in the Oswald font and size 60, all is good. Selected multi-line. That works. But I need the text to be vertically aligned middle (got it horizontally aligned center, so that's good). That way, if the text is only one line, it'll be vertically centered middle; if two, still vertically centered middle. How do I get it to do this? I am currently using the trial version on a Windows computer if that helps. Thank you!

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I vertically align text in a text field in Acrobat Pro DC?

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am creating an editable printable recipe divider. On that divider, I've got a text field. I put text in it in the Oswald font and size 60, all is good. Selected multi-line. That works. But I need the text to be vertically aligned middle (got it horizontally aligned center, so that's good). That way, if the text is only one line, it'll be vertically centered middle; if two, still vertically centered middle. How do I get it to do this? I am currently using the trial version on a Windows computer if that helps. Thank you!

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 28, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to set up the field to allow rich text formatting. After you enter the text, you can select it and display the Properties toolbar (Ctrl+E), which will have a More button, which will lead to a window with a Paragraph tab, which will include a vertical alignment button.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2017 1
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although a solution has been provided for you, the fact is that Acrobat is absolutely not a layout program or word processor. The text features within Acrobat are primarily for after-the-fact text touch-up / edit. For what you are attempting, Adobe InDesign or Adobe Illustrator or even Microsoft Word would be a much better solution. And from each of those programs you can save/export PDF.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, Principal Scientist, Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer is wrong.  All you need to do is change the field to NOT multi-line.  It will then vertically center.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. Thanks for the simple solution

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0