Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do you insert an image into acrobat pro X

Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

There seems to be some serious limitations with pro....

All I want to do is insert an image onto a pdf I have already built...

anyone advise?

george

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Use Content > Edit Text or Objects

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a PDF file from the image and copy the image object from this file to the other file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bernd

So I have created New PDF from file (my image) and now have a PDF open with the image...

Copy/Paste doesnt work - exactly how do you copy the image object and paste into your pdf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the page, very useful but ...

I can right click and copy image, move to my other pdf ... and all I can do is ctrl/v to paste - I paste the contents of what the clipboard contained 1 hour ago... the right click copy image doesn seem to be there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the other PDF file activate also the object tool and using right mouse click you can paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand activate the object tool

in the other pdf

Content > gives me Edit Text or Objects or add or edit interactive objects

If from the top menu I select the Selection Tool for text and images and click on the pdf file, right click display nothing about pasting an image

please explain

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Content > Edit Text or Objects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for hanging in there Bernd

Its not very intuitive...... Edit Text or Objects and then edit Object and right click inserts an image from a file.... good enough for what I need with images all I need to do is figure out why my text boxes do not work as you explained....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next time you should start with editor like InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could also just creat a text box, right click it an select place image, which lets you insert a jpeg. worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really, this is not at all how PDFs are designed or expected to use. PDFs are not made in Acrobat. They are not edited in Acrobat, except as a desperate last resort. You should make PDFs in whatever design program suits you (e.g. Word, InDesign; NOT Photoshop) and save a PDF. For every change remake the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is incorrect. What would be the point of Acrobat's existence if you had to use other programs to make changes to a PDF? You can make changes to text and images in Acrobat. I do it all the time. But the correct answer is click on Tools > Edit Object, then right click on the document and you'll see the option to Place Image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your milage may vary, but I consider it madness to edit a PDF content except as a desperate last resort where every other option (including backups and contract negotation) for getting an original file is exhausted.

Acrobat has a whole bunch of other functions and features as well as an indifferent content editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2013 Oct 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply right click on the page and choose "add image". Select the image you want and click on open. You can then put the image anywhere on the page using the mouse. Once you have clicked to insert it on the page you can resize it if required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Comment | Annotations you can add a stamp to the document.  Add a custom stamp, your image file, and then place it on the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were versions of Acrobat  Previous to X and XI that did allow to open a Blank Page  Type then save as a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is another example of adobe's hostility toward its customers. Acrobat is a communication application that should provide tools for better communication. When reviewing and commenting on another party's PDF, what happens if the best (perhaps only) way to communicate is with an image? Why would adobe bury this function so deep and make it so unintuitive that it requires a forum visit to find it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

On the Menu Bar, click View -> Tools

When you see the Tools section on the right, you can also see "Sign"

Select Sign -> Place Signature. In the new window, from the drop down menu select "Use an Image".

Browse for the Image, and place it wherever you want to.

Hope this solves your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd advise against this, unless you are actually signing. Abusing the "signing" functionality to do other things is asking for trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of "abuse" are you talking about. When it clearly states to use an image in the list of signature options, what kind of image is it referring to ? If somebody wishes to add his/her comapny logo, cant the |"Sign" option be used ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You add Logo or Graphic either as Image or Graphic in Tools > Content Editting.

Choose  Add image. Or you could save as a Stamp and insert as a Stamp using Stamp tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2014 Jul 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this issue today and I figured it out. I created a stamp. You can insert images through stamp and insert into your adobe document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2014 Aug 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another easy way to insert an image into an acrobat pro X is to open the image with Paint then use "Select" tool to select your image after that "Ctrl + C" then "Ctrl + V" into the PDF and you're done with it.

At that point you can move and re-size your image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 16, 2014 Aug 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what so complicated see this illustration :

Acrobat001.png

In Acrobat X and XI go to tools menu

Select Edit Text and Images.

Choose insert image.

Then select either Graphic file or, Picture from Media Browser.

If you're using 8 or 9 its still there but you have to look for it. The tools menu simplified a whole lot of stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines