• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you write text in a PDF in Acrobat Pro 8?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you write text in a PDF in Acrobat Pro 8 for Mac? I find it easy to do in Adobe Reader, should be easy in Pro.

Thanks

Larry

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Touch up text tool, Command+click. See help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The touch up text tool is for modifying existing text, not for creating new text (which I want), besides that tool is a lousy tool, has a LOT of disadvantages.

I want to create new text, just like the typewriter tool, but have a choice in font, size, etc. Like Reader can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it creates new text. Do my instructions not work?

Not sure the typewriter tool existed way back in that ancient version. You can look under Comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can enter text, using command/click. Gives only a choice of fonts, no size. Very limited.

I wish it were easier like Reader. Lately, I've been using Preview, more capabilities for editing and adding notes. And will use Acrobat as necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Reader are you using? Chances are it's just as easy in that version of Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro 8.0.0

Adobe Reader DC 2018.009.20050

Larryo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a configuration discouraged by Adobe. Having 2 different major versions of Reader and Acrobat has been known to cause a lot of problems. Acrobat 8 is very old and has not been supported for years.

Acrobat has the same commenting tools as Reader, but Reader does not have the text touch up and editing tools that Acrobat has.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you surprised that Acrobat might have new features or improvement in the 10 years and 5 versions you chose not to upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's NO WAY that I'm going to sign up for Adobe's stupid "subscription" service to upgrade, and it hasn't been that long. I pay for a product and expect it to work. I don't pay for subscriptions, not my thing. There are other options that I think I'll go to, and will NOT succumb to Adobes ridiculous policies after spending a fortune with them when I was in the business.

They clearly don't cater to the weekend or part time creators any more.

Just looking for answers for WHAT I HAVE. If its not available, so be it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I'm doing is to simply add a text box. by going to "Tools" Menu >> Comment & Markup >> Text Box Tool
*Type your texts in the box. 
*Highlight the texts then press "Ctrl + e" and the font properties will appear. (you can now edit your font)
*Right click on the text box to edit and remove the borderline in the Text box properties

You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to Tools > Advanced Editing > TouchUp Text Tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines