• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how maintain custom document properties for a PDF create from Excel

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I order to store document in sharepoint with metadata managment, i created some excel files with custom document properties.

When i created a pdf from this excel file, "save as " + format = pdf , the custom document properties are not existing anymore.

But when i convert the excel file in pdf with Adobe online, the custom document properties are still existing.

How could i conserve my custom document properties when i convert an excel file in a pdf without use an online application? 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way you create PDF locally does not involve Adobe's software, it's the Microsoft "Save as PDF" output filter. Do you have Acrobat Acrobat (not the free Reader)  installed on your computer? If so, you should have access to Acrobat's PDF generator, which should - just like the online tool - preserve your documnt properties. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karl, 

I just have Adobe Acrobat Reader, i will check with my IT department if it's possible to have the "real" Adobe Acrobat.

just in case, if it's impossible, is there another solution to keep these custom properties when generate the PDF from excel ?

Thanks a lot

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a question you need to ask Microsoft. I am not too familiar with their export tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines