Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add a star shape to comment options in Acrobat DC Pro

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Acrobat DC Pro

I would like to add a star shape to the items you can insert in a pdf in the "Comments" Tool.  I don't understand why there aren't more shapes to insert in a pdf besides the following:

cricket1001-2_0-1609192242069.png

I think it would be great if Adobe would include the following shapes that you can add in a MS Word document like the following:

cricket1001-2_1-1609192416183.png

Please, if there is any way to add a group of shapes, that I would use most often, somewhere where it would be easy to insert the shape in a pdf, I would highly appreciate it.

Thanks so very much!!!!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

If I understand your requirement correctly, then you are willing to add a star icon using "Comment tool". If yes, then it is actually possible to do.

Open PDF>Tools>Comment>Add Sticky note>right click on sticky note>Properties>Appearance>select Star>OK here you can also check the dialog box to "Make Properties Default".

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  That can be used sometimes.  But you can't change the size of the shape, star.  I would like to be able to have the different shapes, like a star, in the comment object list of what you can insert as a shape.  For example: 

cricket1001-2_0-1609194962579.png

1) If I use the circle shape, or square, or arrow, I can change the size and can manipulate it more than as you suggested.

cricket1001-2_1-1609195236777.png

cricket1001-2_2-1609195259164.png

Thanks,

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's correct. For shapes, you can adjust the size, but for comments icon you can't. 

It would be a great suggestion, so we'd like you to fillout this feature request form to share your thoughts: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am 1,000% sure that many, many other frustrated users have suggested this with no changes being made.  I have found that Adobe creates the most unuser friendly programs.  That is why I only use Adobe at work.  I wouldn't pay 2 cents for Adobe at home.  So many basic needs aren't available and just finding answers that are up-to-date and that actually answers my questions is practically void.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use stamps for all the other shapes you wish to have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What do you mean?  Would I be able to move and resize the shapes from stamps?  What kind of shapes are you referring to be able to do as a stamp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines