• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add an email link to a PDF

Participant ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to add an email link to a PDF, it sends the PDF. I don't want to send the PDF, I just want to open an email, ideally with a specific subject line.

Thanks,

Laura

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Look at "Line Style".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you adding this email link? What action are you using in it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edit PDF, add/edit web or document link; under link properties, choosing submit a form, for the ink URL mailto:email@ddress, export format; just kept default options but tried others, but all included an attachment.

Again, I want to create an email without the PDF or other attachment, and with a particular subject line.

Thanks,

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use an "open a web page" action instead of "submit form"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this worked!!

I used this to add a subject line:

mailto:emailaddress?subject=custom subject

Is that the correct code to use?

One other question. Is it possible to make the link an underline (for a text link) rather than an outline box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's the correct syntax.

And yes, you can set the link to be an underline. Using the Add/Edit Link tool right-click it and select Properties. You'll see this option under the Appearance tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for confirming my syntax!

Under "Link Properties" my only choices for link type are "Visible Rectangle" and "Invisible Rectangle." Under Highlight style, the choices are only for borders. Please see the attached screen shots.

Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 10.41.04 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-20 at 10.40.16 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at "Line Style".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, only looked at that about 17 times!!

Many thanks for all your help with this. I really appreciate your generosity and expertise.

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to figure this out for at least a year. Thank you so much for posting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select Visible Rectangle and then change the Line Style to Underline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you add language to the body of the email when doing an email link to a PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Static text or dynamic? If static you can specify it as a parameter of the mailto command (google "mailto syntax" to see how to do it).

If dynamic, you'll need to use a script. See this tutorial for more details: https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/dynamically-setting-submit-e-mail-address

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Static..I was using the mailto:emailaddress?subject=custom subject which provides the email address and the subject line but I want to add something in the body of the email.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use this:

mailto:emailaddress?subject=custom subject&body=custom email body text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this just helped me. Appreciate the post 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in need of help, I am trying to insert an email address with custom subject, however, it seems the link continues breaking

I am using

mailto:e&m_amr@domain.com?subject=customsubject.

It seems that it is not accepting the & and _ symbols.  I appreciate your guidance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine for me... What happens when you try to use it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it kept referencing a totally different email address.  We realized that the & symbol was not compatible with our email branding.  Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is 'Look at "Line Style" an answer? Is there any reason you couldn't expand on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - this thread is very helpful. I'm creating a fillable form that I would like customers to submit from my website. I was able to get the email hyperlink to work. But is this the best method to use for me to receive the fillable PDF from customers in an email? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, Along these threads, I am finding that a mailto:name@company.com when added per the PDF link instructions, works fine on viewing the PDF from a deskptop platform also when simply sending the PDF to myself to preview functions, but when sent via an app like Constant Contact, doesn't weork on ios mobile devices. Could someone please help me? I need to resolve this quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines