Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to allow for signatures to be added over time in a fillable pdf

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have created a fillable user log for members in my office to use whenever they make purchases to show who has used our bank information.  They have to say their name, which account they used, why, the date, and then they sign it.  What I want is for the file to live in a server where anyone can access it, add a new log entry after the old entries, and sign it... so there would me multple log entries and signatures added over time in the same file.

My issue is this:  When the first line is filled and then signed, it locks up the whole document so that no one can fill and sign in any of the next lines.  Is there a way to keep the document open, or to just lock the one line, but leave the rest fillable? I attached a screen shot of the form if that is helpful.

Thank you!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have stated:  We have been doing fill and sign, but I have found that to be clunky and inefficient.  I really would like to have a cleaner document that you can quickly tab through.  I also like that in the form I can auto size the text so that it formats to each box.  With fill and sign, many of my co-workers put overlapping text down which makes the document hard to read after it's been filled out.  Many of my co-workers are also not the best at technology, so the use of a fillable form would be much easier for them to figure out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should use form fields. Text fields for filling in data and signature fields for signing.

You'll need to go into the properties of the latter to set up which fields they lock when signed.

Be aware that applying multiple signatures to a file can cause its file-size to balloon substantially.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines