Highlighted

how to always have certain tools expanded when opening pdf

LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AcrobatPro DC (2020.009.20074) on MacOS 10.15.4

I have a custom Tools set – is there a way to always have it displayed on opening any pdf right away without having to click it? 

Screenshot 2020-08-20 at 10.21.30.png

Somehow I expect this is an exceedingly basic setting but I couldn’t figure it out, so thanks for any feedback. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

how to always have certain tools expanded when opening pdf

LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AcrobatPro DC (2020.009.20074) on MacOS 10.15.4

I have a custom Tools set – is there a way to always have it displayed on opening any pdf right away without having to click it? 

Screenshot 2020-08-20 at 10.21.30.png

Somehow I expect this is an exceedingly basic setting but I couldn’t figure it out, so thanks for any feedback. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 20, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Thanks for highlighting this.

The right-hand Toolpane is active by default. So, if you close it, it will be closed for next time. To keep this Toolpane active, currently we do not have any inbuilt preferences within Acrobat DC. However, there's a workaround that helps you to get the Toolpane open, everytime you open the document.

Open a PDF>Open Toolpane>Navigate to Acrobat (Mac)>Preferences (Ctrl+k)>Documents> check "Restore last view settings when reopening documents">OK> Close Acrobat and reopen it.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. 

I am afraid I was unclear: 

I do not just want the Toolpane visible, I want my custom Tools to be expanded (see screenshot) on opening a pdf. 

The »Restore last view settings when reopening documents«-Preferences-setting does not seem to honor that aspect. 

Screenshot 2020-08-20 at 13.09.09.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, sorry. That functionality does not exist in Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 2
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the confirmation. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0