• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to automatically resize text in a form text box

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I make the text a user types into a forms text box automatically resized so when they type more text in than will fit it shrinks and resizes so it still all fits?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Thanks for replying Michael but that does not work.

With "Scroll long text" unchecked but with "Multi-line" either checked or unchecked in Acrobat Pro DC, the text field when accessed in Reader, only allows as much text as fits at the chosen point size then no more typing is accepted.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only remaining question I still have is how to get the automatically-reducing text in the interactive field to always align to the top of the text field? It's aligning centered, which means as more text is entered, the top of the text moves downward.

Anyone have an answer for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you right click on a field, under Options there should be an alignment option at the very top of the box. Also, for whatever reason, once I unclicked all the options and then selected mult-line again with Auto selected for text, the text box resized and worked properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem.  Uncheck the 'Allow Rich Text formating" and the problem is solved.  Text will auto adjust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael was correct and so were you. You have to have scolling text unchecked - but the text size has to be set to "Auto". If you have specified the text size it will not rescale it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to make it so there's a minimum size? I don't want it to get too small you can't read it. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STILL having trouble setting the text size to Auto?

I came here looking for an answer to the unanswered part of this question (What if I don’t see Auto in the text sizes dropdown?) and couldn’t find it. So I went back to work on the form, and in a couple of minutes I managed to get this to work correctly. For anyone who still needs it, here’s the answer.

Have you already filled in the field you’re having trouble with? Is there currently any text in that field, even a space or carriage return?

If so, delete the text and Save As… the form. Once you’ve saved the form, making sure there is NO text in the irksome field, close then open the new file, open Prepare Form tools, select the field you need the text to shrink in (make sure you’ve unchecked Multi-line and Scroll long text), check the font sizes and voila! there’s the word Auto! Select it, close the field editor, save the file, and you should—hopefully—have the shrinking text you need.

If that still doesn’t do it, try recreating just that specific field from scratch (but not until after you’ve made doubly sure there is no text in the field, not even a space or carriage return). Just set the field up as discussed previously and you should be golden!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got auto-scaled, multi-line text by:

Rich Text Off

Multi-line On
Auto Sized text in font size

Scroll long text off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines