• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to avoid default pdf application being reset to browser after start up?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I restart my computer my default pdf application is reset to the Edge browser.

My OS in Windows 10 and my pdf application is Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

I have tried setting the default pdf application by file type and changing the properties of a pdf file to open with Adobe Acrobat DC.

It works fine, but after I have restarted my computer I have to do it all again. This is really irritating. Do you have a solution to this issue?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is something to ask Microsoft...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Verner,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described MS Edge becomes the default PDF viewer even after setting it to Acrobat Pro DC.

It is a known issue with Microsoft. They have code in Windows that attempts to take over file type ownership and give it to their own “preferred” applications. There isn't much that we can do, please get in touch with Microsoft support for more help.

You may also refer to the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/microsoft-edge-changes-my-default-settings/td-p/10934689?page...

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines