Highlighted

How to build action: search for sentence - if found then delete page

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you build an action that will search for a sentence and if found then delete that specific page on which sentence was found? Thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to build action: search for sentence - if found then delete page

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you build an action that will search for a sentence and if found then delete that specific page on which sentence was found? Thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 11, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That wouldn't be an action, it would be a JavaScript program. (The JavaScript could be attached to an action). It is quite advanced JavaScript, but with study it may be possible. The hardest part is finding the sentence, since document.getPageNthWord will only find single words. You have to code the logic to look for successive words to find a sentence, which is messy. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks - yes you are right.... it is a java script...

anyone has idea? thanks in advance

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the idea. Now, it's up to you... we can help you if you want to improve your skills to get this, but frankly I would not recommend it if you do not already have some programming experience. Unlikely to be a cost effective use of your time, better to pay someone else to make it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks - where do I best find someone that I can pay?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned, this will require using a script (perhaps in combination with an Action), which will need to be custom-made for this purpose. I specialized in creating exactly this kind of solutions so if you're interested in hiring someone to do it for you feel free to contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] and we could discuss it further.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0