• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Change Image Pop-up Descriptions.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When hovering over an Image in Acrobat Pro DC, there is a yellow pop-up box with a description. How do you change the description? This document was converted from Microsoft Word 365 but I have done considerable work on the document and really do not want to start over. I have updated the alt text in the object properties but it doesn't change the text in the popup. So I need a way to either remove it or change the text. This could cause confusion as we are remediating the document for accessibility.

lesliej78432277_0-1596819462863.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lesliej

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you want to edit the alt text of the image

Please take a look at the steps provided in the similar discussion https://answers.acrobatusers.com/how-make-edit-alternate-text-objects-pdf-file-q2393.aspx and see if that works for you.
Note: Steps are same for the new version.

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal, 

Thanks for the reply. I have changed the alt text and it does not change the text in the pop-up (see image above).

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lesliej,

As the PDF was created from a Word file, try the following steps to remove the pop-up box with description or change the text in that description:

- Open the Word file and go to Insert > Link.

- In the Insert link window, select "Place in this document".

- Then on the right, check if you can find the image listed there under bookmark.

- Select it and click on Screen Tip button at top right corner of that window.

There you can either delete the text or edit it. Check the screenshot below for reference: 

screentip.PNG

Check if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Meenakshi 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Meenakshi,

I did check back in the Word document and there are no links associated with the figures. Basically, the alt text that was in the Word document is showing in the PDF as a pop up screen tip. Even if I update the alt text that pop up message doesn't change. Again, I have done considerable work on the PDF so restarting from scratch is really not preferable. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines