• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change location of call out arrow where it attaches to the text box?

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am marking up a PDF if Acrobat and I am having trouble changing where the arrow meets the call out text box. It appears to default to the top or bottom and will not attach to the side of the box unless the arrow is pointing directly to the left or right of the text box. I've been using acrobat for years and until the past year or so haven't noticed a problem with this. Is there a preference I can change to address this? Pictures below for reference. The first image is how the callout defaults and I cannot find a way to change it. I am trying to change it to something like the blue arrow in the second image, which makes more sense angle-wise and is more visually appealing. Any suggestions??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try dragging the box over. There is no way to manually manipulate the arrow connection point, but it seems to have some sort of built-in snapping function, and the connection point changes depending on where the box is moved to. Click in the center of the box and drag it around til the connection point of the arrow snaps to where you want it to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to change sides automatically but now doesn't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK this has plagued me forever and I finally get it.  There are two different types of drag. The first is if you select the box, hover over the perimter until you get the crosshairs, then click (hold) and drag.  This will move the box, arrow and keep the orientation between the two.  The other method is if you select the text box, then click on the center of the text and hold and drag.  This will only move the text box while keeping the arrow in place, hence changing the side your arrow originates from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, if this continues to work, then kudos to you!  This has bugged me for years and I just lived with it, repeatedly trying to move the text box until the arrow tip mysteriously stayed anchored.  I always assumed the Adobe fairy finally decided to grant my wish -- 😉 -- thanks for posting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works! But isn't it incredible that, what is it, 30+ years, Acrobat still has so man arcane commands? I've searched for this answer for years. And what about the different symbols you get when you hover? You just have to hope the right one comes up, especially if the text box is small. Absurd. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I've been having the same problem and this worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to answer this!  It was SOOOOO frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you soooooo much! I waste so much time going crazy, trying to figure out these little things that feel like they should be simple! You just made my morning! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines