How to change reading voice?

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a scan image of a book text, and use the OCR to scan the page, I want Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to read the text to me.

My Windows is set to the Danish language, and my Acrobat is downloaded in the Danish version, but the reading voice in Acrobat only reads in English, not Danish.

How do I change the reading voice from English to Danish, so I can listen to my Danish OCR text in Danish?

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018
Hi JanAndreasen,We apologize for the delay in response to your query.Could you please confirm the exact language of the document you are working on? Is that document you are working on is also in the Danish language?Read Out Loud automatic picks the default language of the system and its "Narrator" voice. You need to check what all option do you get the in System Narrator settings.Windows>Settings>Ease of Access >Narrator > Choose a Voice ​and see the options given there. Try that and let us kno...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JanAndreasen,

We apologize for the delay in response to your query.

Could you please confirm the exact language of the document you are working on? Is that document you are working on is also in the Danish language?

Read Out Loud automatic picks the default language of the system and its "Narrator" voice. You need to check what all option do you get the in System Narrator settings.

Windows>Settings>Ease of Access >Narrator > Choose a Voice

​and see the options given there.

Try that and let us know if it doesn't work.

Regards,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched both Adobe and Microsoft forums, currently the same is happening with French and Greek as well.
There is no known resolution to this as of now but our forums are a great place to find answers. Try posting your question here: https://community.adobe.com/
That way an expert will work on it and then respond to you and you will be notified
From your agent on how to get rid of English voice. I have just Swedish on my working PC but pdf is read in English. I contacted IT support for our municipality. They do not know what to do. They serve 23 000 workers. They think it is bug and Adobe must be repeared.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To change the voice for Macs it is under System Preferences-->Accessiblity-->Spoken Content-->System Voice, you can change the options and also download other voices. You can change the Speaking Rate as well. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines