• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change text that is not in a textbox

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to editing pdfs.  I'm using Acrobat Pro DC ver. 2020.012.20048.

I have an existing pdf containing an area entitled QTY that contains the number 1.  When I hover over the number one, no blue box is displayed.  I want to delete the number 1 and replace it with a textbox containing a default value of 1, that can be changed by the user to a different value.

I cannot find a way to delete the number 1.  Help please?

Thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

It's already a field with the default value of "1". The reason it's not blue is it's set to be read-only.

Go to Tools - Prepare Form mode, then right-click the field, select Properties and untick the Read-Only box under the General tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Check the field calculation order.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why want you change this form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why it matters to you, but we need to be able to bill multiple locations on the same order form.  Once the quantity can be changed, I'll make the EXTENDED / MONTH field a calculated total.

Back to my original question, how do I eliminate the "1" as plain text so that I can replace it with a control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the redaction tool of Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After clicking the redaction tool, I am unable to select the text I want to remove.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Draw a rectangle over the number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doesn't allow me to draw a rectangle.  When I attempt it, a blue rectangle appears around a large area in the pdf, including many text items and fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's already a field with the default value of "1". The reason it's not blue is it's set to be read-only.

Go to Tools - Prepare Form mode, then right-click the field, select Properties and untick the Read-Only box under the General tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'm getting there.  I've made the field read/write and now the extended price field calculation results in the correct extended price, based upon the quantity entered.  But a subsequent field calculated value doesn't change, even through it references the extended price field.  My tab order is set correctly, at least I think it is.  What should I look at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the field calculation order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both very much.  I'm starting to figure Acrobat out...

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines