Highlighted

How to change the default paper size in (print) -> page setup?

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We are using Acrobat Pro (or reader) to print our invoices. As we are in a EU country our invoices are in A4 format.

The problem we face: Acrobat insists the documents are in Letter format. I therefore have to go to: Print -> Page Setup and change the paper size from Letter to A4 every single time I have to print something.

As you can imagine this is very annoying and time consuming.

Question: Is there any way to change the defaults of this dialog? I want Acrobat to remember we are in a country which, 99.9% of the time, uses A4 (or any other DIN format).

Attached you can find a sample document I made in Word (in A4) which is not recognized / setup correctly in my Acrobat.

Thank you very much,

Simon

System info:

Installed Acrobat: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe
Version: 20.12.20041.394260
Creation Date: 2020/07/31
Creation Time: 3:34:32 AM
Locale: English (United States)

Time Zone: W. Europe Standard Time

TOPICS
How to, Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to change the default paper size in (print) -> page setup?

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We are using Acrobat Pro (or reader) to print our invoices. As we are in a EU country our invoices are in A4 format.

The problem we face: Acrobat insists the documents are in Letter format. I therefore have to go to: Print -> Page Setup and change the paper size from Letter to A4 every single time I have to print something.

As you can imagine this is very annoying and time consuming.

Question: Is there any way to change the defaults of this dialog? I want Acrobat to remember we are in a country which, 99.9% of the time, uses A4 (or any other DIN format).

Attached you can find a sample document I made in Word (in A4) which is not recognized / setup correctly in my Acrobat.

Thank you very much,

Simon

System info:

Installed Acrobat: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe
Version: 20.12.20041.394260
Creation Date: 2020/07/31
Creation Time: 3:34:32 AM
Locale: English (United States)

Time Zone: W. Europe Standard Time

TOPICS
How to, Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luke,

thanks for your reply and your help.

What you suggested is true, albeit only partially. Let me explain:

The default printer paper size is indeed set to A4. This means:

1. The Printer does not complain every time regarding "Wrong paper selected..." but just prints the document.
  2. The document is scaled incorrectly because acrobat assumes it will be printed on Letter and scales it accordingly. then the printer driver takes over and re-scales the document so it fits on A4 paper. Please have a look at the attached images for comparison.

This means there is a discrepancy between the system-wide default print size and the assumption acrobat makes about the format of the document. I wish to change that.. permanently.

Cheers,

Simon

Page Setup: Letter, Printer A4Page Setup: Letter, Printer A4Page Setup: A4, Printer A4Page Setup: A4, Printer A4

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to fix that.

Prehaps someone else can help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doe noone have any clue on how to achieve this?

Cheers!

Simon

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0