• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to combine PDF/X format files into one PDF/X

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to combine my pdf files into one,because printing company wants all in one pdf and format -> PDF/X. But when I'm trying to combine all pdf/x files into one with adobe acrobat,it's showing this -> "one or more of your files are pdf/x compliance. to retain this compliant choose PDF portfolio option."

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They aren't made to be combined, because each one is complete and has document-wide settings like Output Intent and others. To combine files made with different Output Intent would be sure to make a bad result, with bad printing quality, and ruin the whole reason for making PDF/X in the first place. So combining is locked out. If you are sure the files are identically made, you could remove PDF/X status in preflight, combine them, then put PDF/X status back on with the original settings. Be sure you understand PDF/X properly before attempting this, or you could ruin a very expensive print job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But they want all in one PDF/X . . . Can I export high printing quality ? and then combine them with pdf/x

Or can I combine all files into one pdf  portfolio option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export from what? Not Acrobat...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No,from Adobe Illustrator, then combine all pdf files into one from Adobe Acrobat and make it PDF/X?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, a printer who asks for PDF/X is certain to reject a portfolio, because the portfolio cannot itself be PDF/X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines