• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to conver PDF to image programmatically using Acrobat SDK?

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to convert PDF to image programmatically using Acrobat SDK.
However, as far as I have read following documentation, I feel like I can't do it unless I use Adobe-PDF Library SDK.
https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/pdf/pdfs/PDF_library_XVIII_SDK_FAQ_ue.pdf

So I have some questions about that.
・Is Adobe-PDF Library SDK official products of Acrobat SDK?
・If not, is there any services to convert PDF to image programmatically provided from Acrobat SDK?

I would really appreciate it if you could respond to the questions above.
Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. an Acrobat plugin can convert to image using the AVConversion methods. The documentation could be better, and there are no examples. 

2. The Adobe PDF library can also be used, by different methods. It is not part of the Acrobat SDK. Made by Adobe, Datalogics handle licensing. Price by negotiation, may include initial fee, annual fee and/or royalties. 

3. Licensing is an important concern. The Acrobat SDK is covered by the Acrobat license and has the same limits: interactive use only, no server use, no third party conversions, directly or indirectly. 

4. For quality and flexibility, Photoshop is a better converter than Acrobat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One more thing: there is ONE document describing both the Acrobat plugin API -and- the PDF Library API because they have a lot in common. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines