Highlighted

How to copy and paste at same position?

New Here ,
May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with Acrobat pro DC.

When I copy and paste an object to same page or the other page,

the object is always pasted to other position.

Can I paste it to same position?

Is there an option for that?

I could've done it with Acrobat pro 9.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by gkaiseril | Adobe Community Professional

In Windows select the object to copy. move to the top of the page you want to paste it to, hold down both the Shift and Control keys and them press the "V" key. The object should shortly appear in the original position on the new page.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to copy and paste at same position?

New Here ,
May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with Acrobat pro DC.

When I copy and paste an object to same page or the other page,

the object is always pasted to other position.

Can I paste it to same position?

Is there an option for that?

I could've done it with Acrobat pro 9.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by gkaiseril | Adobe Community Professional

In Windows select the object to copy. move to the top of the page you want to paste it to, hold down both the Shift and Control keys and them press the "V" key. The object should shortly appear in the original position on the new page.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 01, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2017 0
May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  This has been a behavior of Acrobat for many versions.  A trick that I use to counter this is to paste the object, hold the control key down & tap the left arrow, followed by the up arrow.  The paste offset seems to be 10 pixels right, and 10 pixels down.  Nudging the pasted object with the control key moves in 10 pixel increments.

I hope this is helpful.

My best,

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2017 1
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave,

I'm not finding that holding the ctrl key and tapping the left arrow, followed by the up arrow works for me.

Thank you,

Colin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2017 0
Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2017 2
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!!!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never wanted to hug a stranger so much in my life. Thank you for sharing this workaround.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To do this on a Mac hold option Command then press V

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2018 2
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac you can do that by hold down the Shift + Command + V this will past the copied element in the same position as the original one.

Website Design

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++Adding on to the correct answer given above.

For detailed information on ho to handle Images or objects, you can go through this latest help article here: How to edit images or objects in a PDF using Adobe Acrobat 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ctrl-shift-v doesn't work for me but holding shift while clicking on paste in the edit menu or the right-click context menu works

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0