• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to copy specific lines of text from PDF and paste into word for a LOT of PDF documents

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was given roughly 100 single page PDF documents, each of which corresponds to a different subject. The PDF is a typed doument and I am able to copy and pate the indiviudal lines (which are in different places in the document, and not in table format) just fine but dont want to do it by hand. Below an example of copy and pasted text from that document. The forms are not "form fields". 

Document Text Copied from PDF:

Subject: 45

Distance: 1.06
Diameter A 48 mm

Diameter B: 45  mm

I want  to be able to export this informaiton from all 100 PDF documents into a single excel sheet to look like the below table with each row a different subject:

Subject DistanceDiameter ADiameter B
TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the text in all the files has the same structure then it might be possible using a script and an Action in Acrobat Pro.

However, the script will have to be custom-made for this purposes, and that's not possible without seeing a sample file. It's also rather complicated.

If you're interested in hiring someone to do it for you feel free to contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further, including the price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines