• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a click-thru (a.k.a click wrap) in Acrobat

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I have a confidential ~20-page PDF report, and I need to add a click-thru agreement using BUTTONS (not a Javascript window). When the user opens the PDF the only thing they see is a 2-page legal confidentiality agreement. At the bottom of that confidentiality PDF are two interactive buttons: 

• Clicking the "I accept" button opens the 20-page report, which is NOT visible until they agree.
  • Clicking the "I do NOT accept" button closes the file. 

Here is what I have done:

1. Opened the 2-page PDF legal agreement in Acrobat.
  2. Attached the PDF of the 20-page report as an Attachment.
  3. Added the buttons to the bottom of the 2-page confidentiality agreement using the "Rich Media => Add Button".
  4. Linked the "I accept" button to the attachment
  5. Linked the "I do not accept" button to the menu item File>Exit.
  6. Set a security password to prevent printing and editing and then Saved the file

THE PROBLEM: If someone opens it in Acrobat, all they have to do is open the Attachments pane and they can see the report without having to accept the confidentiality agreement. 

How do I protect this report so nobody can open it unless they accept the 2-page confidentiality agreement?

PS: I do NOT want to do this via a little gray Javascript window that only allows 14 lines. I want to do it via buttons on the 2-page confidentiality agreement. I know this is possible because I have seen other documents protected like this. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you were able to create the user experience you want in Acrobat, you can't guarantee that experience transfers to other PDF viewers including Adobe Acrobat Reader on mobile. Unless you can't have secure attachments in an unsecured file and expect them to not be accessible to anyone. I'm also quite sure you saw something that looked like what you are asking for; I doubt it was secure either. If you want a secure system I strongly recommend you invest in a DRM solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to find a solution? I am also trying to add something similar to a document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've created similar solutions for my clients, and could create one for you too, for a fee of course. You can contact me via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

However, Joel's comment above is correct. If you implement it like that it might not work at all (or will work incorrectly) if viewed in a non-Adobe application, or on a mobile device.

If that's fine with you then there are various options to implement this kind of functionality, which we can discuss privately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines