• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create form that has interactive fields?

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Trying to create one form instead of multiple. Would like to be something like if "If Question 1 is checked yes, then Question 2 appears (or is ungreyed out or something)" IF Question 1 is checked no, then Question 2 remains hidden or N/A" etc. Is there an easy way to do this beside javascript?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi AAcosta,

If what you mean by "easy way" like an Acrobat built-in feature that doesn't require JavaScript to achieve this I would say no. JavaScript is the way to go here.

If I understood your inquiry correctly, in  your particular scenario, in which the action of checking  a yes or no answer will display or hide other field(s),  that  is very easy to do with a script.

If this was my form I'd rather use a pair of radio-buttons so that the user can toggle between two choices only: a YES or a NO answer selection. And additionally I would  employ a javscript with a condition to make one field visible and the other hidden based on what the user selects, for example.

I am still unclear when you say "Trying to create one form instead of multiple".

If you're referring to multiple field objects (not PDF forms) then the scripting becomes trickier as you will need to consider all the different conditions that will affect the behavior (or the output) of all the other field objects that would interact together when a user ticks a checkbox or a radio button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines