• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete empty space in a pdf document,

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when  i cant or dont want to format the whole text of this single side.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello gerhardp52661263

As per the description above, you want to delete empty space in a PDF, Is that correct?

Please refer to the following KB docs which discuss the similar issue ? How do I delete large blocks of empty space with Adobe Acrobat Pro? Link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/740356

https://acrobatusers.com/forum/general-acrobat-topics/deleting-blank-spaces-pdf-document/

Removing blank spaces in a pdf file. (Edit PDF) Link: https://answers.acrobatusers.com/Removing-blank-spaces-in-a-pdf-file-q75239.aspx

Feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there is some answer regarding this issue? ´cause I tried to follow the links but didn´t find anything, someone can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain what exactly you want to achieve, as the original post is not very clear...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TRY67,

Thanks for your reply.

I have a travel template with to much fields, it´s confuse and not user friendly.

I need that the template built himselfes depending of traveller choices. I need for example a drop down box (for the first issue -» Traveller details) with numbers until 7 (those numbers will "tell" me how many colleagues will share the same travel) after choosing the travellers number the fields for all of them will display , what I need to know is how can I remove blank space for example between "Traveller Details" and the next issue "Travel Details" if the travaller choice is only 1? and if he choose to not rent a car, I don´t need all fields visible and taking all this space, but if Hide the fields there is a horrible blank space that I don´t know how to remove (or add if I choose several travellers or even rent a car), I hope that I explain you weel what I pretend. 

CintiaC_0-1612945604391.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you mean, but this kind of dynamic form is not really possible in a PDF, unless:

- The entire form is composed out of fields, or

- The parts to show/hide are entire pages.

Either way, it will require quite a bit of scripting know-how, especially the first option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you mean with "The entire form is composed out of fields"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only the parts you fill in, but also all the static text, graphic elements, etc., have to be form fields, so they can be moved, shown or hidden based on the previous selections.

Maybe "entire form" is a bit misleading. I meant the entire part of the form that should be dynamic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please help me with another issue? 

I have in one of my forms 5 button options, I need that, when someone choose one of those options the backgroun color change to red, can you please help or send to me a link where I can read how to do this? I have search in internet and only find for dropdown box choice

CintiaC_0-1613394354386.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The backgroud of what? The field they click? Should it also change back to gray if another field is clicked, or if the same field is clicked again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, the background that I mencioned is the field they click and yes it has to change back to gray if they clicked another field, sorry if I didn´t make myselfe clear. Thanks a lot for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the names of the fields?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fields names are: "Program";"Major Operational"; "Basic Operational"; "Basic IT"; "Major It"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add the following function as a doc-level script and then call it from the MouseUp event of each one of the buttons:

function mouseUpInvestmentType() {
	var fields = ["Program","Major Operational", "Basic Operational", "Basic IT", "Major It"];
	for (var i in fields) {
		var f = this.getField(fields[i]);
		f.fillColor =  (event.target.name==fields[i] && color.equal(f.fillColor, color.ltGray)) ? color.red : color.ltGray;
	}
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don´t know if I´m doing something wrong but it´s not working, only MajorOperational works:

CintiaC_0-1613646359335.png

I added the function as a doc level script:

CintiaC_1-1613646434976.png

And call from mouse up event in each buttons:

CintiaC_2-1613646526400.pngCintiaC_3-1613646552410.png

What happen is that when I click on another field the selected field turn to grey but the other one don´t assume any action, so it only works for the first selection, if someone need to choose another option the button will not appear in red

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry I mencioned that only one button works, but no, they all works in the condition that I mencioned above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The field names are not what you wrote. Make sure you spell them EXACTLY as they appear in your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I know, I have change all of them, and the code works (red color is OK when I click one time) so the name of the fields must be right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it worked just fine for me. Are there any error messages in the JS Console?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the sample file I created...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don´t know, but maybe system is not OK ´cause in your file the red color does not appear, can you please try my file? just to make shure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My sample file did not work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No console errors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are text fields, not buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, didn´t work. I try with buttons (instead txt field) and result is the same, I don´t understand, in your opinion and knowhow, what do you suggest that I can do to make the choose option highligh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines