Highlighted

How to delete images based on resolution?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scanned documents from the Internet Archive consist of beautiful black and white scans layered over hideous color images that make the files unpleasant to read. The Content panel of Acrobat shows these are actually seperate images of different resolution. Is there a way (with the Preflight tool presumably) to automatically remove images over or under a particular height or width? For example, in the case below, can Acrobat discard all the images that are 639x1032 and keep the ones that are 1915x3096 or vice versa?

brianz98502757_0-1603851967372.png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to delete images based on resolution?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scanned documents from the Internet Archive consist of beautiful black and white scans layered over hideous color images that make the files unpleasant to read. The Content panel of Acrobat shows these are actually seperate images of different resolution. Is there a way (with the Preflight tool presumably) to automatically remove images over or under a particular height or width? For example, in the case below, can Acrobat discard all the images that are 639x1032 and keep the ones that are 1915x3096 or vice versa?

brianz98502757_0-1603851967372.png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 27, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure about that, but there is a Preflight profile that puts B&W images on one layer and color images on another.

If that works to separate them, and the layer names are always the same, then you can then use a simple script to hide the layer with the color images, and get a similar result... I haven't tried it, but I think it should work. If you could share a sample file I could give it a go myself and let you know how to do it, if it works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try67's message in pictures:

Acrobat_preflight.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0