• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to deploy a JavaScript application created using Adobe Acrobat SDK

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Developing a javascript application using Adobe Acrobat SDK. Some menu item is added to pdf and some action will be performed on click of that. Please guid me through the process to deploy the same so that the context menu option be available for the user. 

TOPICS
JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "context menu option", exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its file menu item. Accessed like this,  File -> My Menu Item

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's possible. You need to place your code in a .js file and save it under one of the two Javascripts folder of the application (either the "app" folder or the "user" folder). In it you need to use the app.addMenuItem method to add your custom menu item. Specify the cParent parameter as "File" to make it appear under that sub-menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I know what you mean by JavaScript application. JavaScript is an Interface available to Acrobat users but it is not deployed as applications.

Ditto context menu. I cannot connect Acrobat JavaScript to what I understand by context menu (an extra item in a system or application's right click mouse menu).  

Ditto "menu item added to PDF". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes by context menu , I meant "menu item added to PDF" accessed like this , File -> My Menu Item.

My question is if i am adding such menu item to pdf and on click of that menu item i am performing some task. How that functionality can be made avaiable to other users as a part of pdf. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not part of a PDF file. It is part of the application. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines