Highlighted

How to disable annoying popup and sound on PDF creation?

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched for this and the instructions posted in 2017 do not work.

Windows 10 v1903 Enterprise 64-bit

Acrobat Pro DC v2019.008.20071

Every time I print to PDF, I get an annoying blue popup window with an audible sound telling my that my PDF has been created.

I want to disable it; I don't need nanny notices.

I have tried all of the recommendations out there on Google with respect to Windows settings, print notifications, yet it persists. I *only* get this annoyance when printing to Adobe PDF.

It has "Acrotray" text on the popup, yet this behavior persists even after I stop Acrotray from the Windows task manager.

Where does this vile thing live and how do I kill it permenantly?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to disable annoying popup and sound on PDF creation?

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched for this and the instructions posted in 2017 do not work.

Windows 10 v1903 Enterprise 64-bit

Acrobat Pro DC v2019.008.20071

Every time I print to PDF, I get an annoying blue popup window with an audible sound telling my that my PDF has been created.

I want to disable it; I don't need nanny notices.

I have tried all of the recommendations out there on Google with respect to Windows settings, print notifications, yet it persists. I *only* get this annoyance when printing to Adobe PDF.

It has "Acrotray" text on the popup, yet this behavior persists even after I stop Acrotray from the Windows task manager.

Where does this vile thing live and how do I kill it permenantly?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can turn off the PDF created sound. It is the most annoying thing ever. I don't want to turn off my computer sound, just adobe sounds! Why would they do this? I miss old adobe when things were better. New version is BAD! FAIL ADOBE!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ways to disable:

1) When the PDF generates, the "AcroTray" will open...click on the gear icon to launch settings and disable the Acrotray notifications

2) In Control Panel > Sounds > disable Notifications  by setting to "(None)"

Hope one of these helps!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0