• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable "Check out& open" option?

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Support team,

I have a question regarding the Acrobat functionality when working with powerpoint.

When opening a PDF file on a sharepoint folder, Acrobat always asks whether I'd like to "Check Out & Open" a file, or just "Open" a file. When using Acrobat in 99% of the cases I don't need to do any modifications/comments/etc to the file, so I would prefer to avoid this question dialogue and proceed to opening the file. Is there any way to disable the checkout functionality in Sharepoint (i.e. open all files as read only")? Please will you let me know.

Kind regards,

Alexander

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexander,

Sorry for the delay in response.

There is no direct option to disable the "Check Out & Open" tab when you open the file from Sharepoint in Acrobat.

However, you may try the steps mentioned here Possible to disable SharePoint check-in/out prompt without disabling all SharePoint integration or Services integration to disable the integration by editing the registry.

Check if that helps you in any way.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meenakshi, thanks for the above solutions, but they arenb't working for me. Are there any other working ideas out there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not want the check out & open dialogue for sharepoint pdfs on a work computer

On a corporate laptop I can only edit registry in HKEY CURRRENT USER - but the following settings have appeared to work for me. Of note this disables sharepoint integration completely (so I no longer have sharepoint in "other file storage" in Home - but this doesn't matter to me as I have mapped my sharepoint & one drive for business as network drives):

1. Open the registry.
2. Go to HKCU\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\(product)\(version)\FeatureLockDown
3. Create a DWORD value called bDisableSharePointFeatures. Set its value to 1.

4. Create a key called cSharePoint.
5. Create a DWORD value called bDisableSharePointFeatures. Set its value to 1.

Save following text  as a .reg file in notepad - click and run to add these registry chagnes:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown]

"bDisableSharePointFeatures"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown\cSharePoint]

If you have admin rights you can also add the following

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown\cSharePoint]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

those registry settings are for Acrobat reader DC - you may have to change product and version to suit your setup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/possible-to-disable-sharepoint-check-in-out-promp... See here for impacts on versioning and metadata in sharepoint if switching off sharepoint integration in acrobat reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines