• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to edit a digital signature

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2011 Jan 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a digital signature already created, but I want to edit it to include my actual penned signature.  Can't figure out how to do that. Please advise. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can clear a  signature field,by opening  the Signature Navigation Pane,  right-clicking on the signature and select 'clear'. You can use the same  Security Preference as mentioned in order to add different appearances to  your digital signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um... my nothing shows up in the signature navigation pane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2011 Feb 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what we have here is a failure to communicate.

Let's start with some terminology so we can be on the same page.

Digital ID: A Public Key Certificate paired with a private key that is used to create a digital signature. Analogous to a pen in the real world.

Digital Signature: A cryptographic blob of data embedded in the document that assures document integrity and signer identity. The digital signature can be either invisible, or visible. Analogous to a wet ink signature in the real world.

A Visible Digital Signature: The pictographic representation of the actual signature blob. It is comprised of a background image (Acrobat uses the pink trefoil by default) and a foreground image. The foreground may be divided in half, with the left side containing a graphic image and the right side text that contains information from the actual signature.

Custom Signature Appearance: A preference that allows the signer to configure the look and feel of a visible digital signature.

My guess is you want to create a custom signature appearance so that when you do apply a digital signature to the PDF file it's using an image of your actual wet ink signature. To do that select the Edit > Preferences menu item (Win) or Acrobat > Preferences menu item (Mac). Select Security from the Categories list box and the click the New button in the Appearance group box. From there you can import a file that contains your scanned wet ink signature and control which items you want displayed in the visible signature field.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2011 Feb 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!

Melinda Doster

Print Production Manager

INSPIRATION MINISTRIES

Office Phone         803-578-1317

Cell Phone             704-661-0426

Email Address        mdoster@insp.com

Mailing Address       PO Box 7564

Charlotte, NC  28241

Campus Location    3000 WorldReach Drive

Indian Land, SC 29707

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The scanned file to import must be a PDF? May I use other type of file to import my wet ink signature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking if this option has recently been removed - I had a digitial ID that showed my own signature, the ID needed renewing, and is now a standard image.  I no longer seem to have the option to add in my own signature?
With thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still can add your signature as part of the Digital ID.  When you go to sign, just hit continue and clic on EDIT at the top left.  There you can add your image.  More info - Manage Digital IDs in Acrobat (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you!

-- Disclaimer: The content of this e-mail is the view of the sender or stated author and does not necessarily reflect the view of Brisbane Catholic Education. The content, including attachments, is a confidential communication between the sender or stated author and the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this e-mail, including attachments, is unauthorised and expressly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please contact the sender immediately and delete the e-mail and any attachments from your system. Brisbane Catholic Education does not warrant or represent that this email is free from viruses, malicious software or defects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines